A Look At The 2020 Slopitch.com Season
As we look to starting the 2020 season, we have compiled a list of regulations and rules that we will be abiding by in order to keep games and players safe throughout the new season.
We are currently anticipating a start in late-July to early August. The season would now extend into September and possibly early October.
Per the new regulations, we are limited to groups of 50 people. To abide by these guidelines, we will be creating divisions consisting of 4 teams. Season and playoff games will be played between the four teams in each division.
The 2020 season would include the SPN suggested playing guidelines, in whole or in part, described in the following link https://www.slo-pitch.com/en/content/slo-pitch-national-covid-19-recommendations-league-and-event-management-return-play and will also include the following City unedited imposed playing conditions:
COVID-19 Conditions of Use for Sports Fields and Ball Diamonds
- The following individuals are not permitted to participate in the rental:
- Anyone who is sick or has any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, headache.
- Anyone who has recently returned from traveling outside of Canada, in the past 14 days.
- Anyone who has knowingly been exposed to or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, in the past 14 days.
- A valid $2 Million Liability Insurance Certificate naming the City as an additional insured is required.
- Leagues must contain no more than 50 participants total. If participants in a league exceed 50, the league may divide into smaller groups of no more than 50. Players are not yet permitted to play against players outside of their league or group.
- Outdoor team sports may resume, so long as participants do not allow prolonged or deliberate physical contact between players
- Team sports in which body contact between players is either an integral component of the sport or commonly occurs while engaged in the sport are not yet permitted
- Any person who enters or uses the facility/field must maintain a physical distance of at least 2 meters from any other person who is using the field/facility. It is recommended that all individuals wear a mask in public places to help limit the risk of spread of COVID-19 to others.
- Locker rooms, change rooms, showers and clubhouses remain closed and no access will be permitted.
- The contract holder agrees to take attendance for each date on the contract and for each group accessing the space during the rental period and records must be kept for twenty-one (21) weeks for the purpose of tracing in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own equipment. Equipment being used during the practice must be for single use only and cannot be shared between players. Any shared/team owned equipment must be sanitized between each use. Sanitizing products must be provided by the contract holder.
- The City of Ottawa is not responsible for cleaning, sanitizing or disinfecting touch points including benches, nets, bleachers, dugouts, etc. The permit holder must clean, sanitize and disinfect any touched items prior to and after use. Sanitizing products must be provided by the contract holder.
- All individuals must comply with all current OPH recommendations and directives related to COVID-19. Please visit www.ottawapublichealth.ca to learn more.
The league is also considering the following additional guidelines:
- A 10 to 20-minute transition time between games permitting finishing teams to depart the facility before the next scheduled teams arrive for their game, shortening game times slightly to accommodate transition time.
- A no slide rule.
A final aggregate list of guidelines will be included in the in the league constitutions. Each participating team will be required to review and acknowledge the guidelines.
Registration for this new format will open shortly and due to the restriction currently imposed space is extremely limited. If you are interested in playing, please contact your team captain or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot now.
We look forward to seeing you all out on the diamond when we resume play!